*"State of the Black World Conference," organized by Institute of the Black World, in Newark, New Jersey. (16-20 November 2016)
*50th Anniversary of Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, in Oakland, California (20-23 October 2016)
*Sunday, 21st August 6256 KMT/2016 CommUNITY Read-in at MARCUS (GARVEY) Books, 3900 Martin Luther King Jr. Way in Oakland, California. On that day, all participants will be rewarded with a ten percent savings on all books at the oldest Afrikan-owned bookstore in usa. Asante Sana to G-o-d Blanche Richardson. Ase`.
*17 August 6256 KMT/2016: MARCUS GARVEY Day events around our African Diaspora. Contact UNIA and other groups.
*1 August 6256 KMT/2016 in London, England: Emancipation Day March for Reparations! More information by going to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR4ObeZ2QiE
* Community discussion and plans for action of new book AFRIKANS DESERVE REPARATIONS! With Many Paths to Kujichagulia (Self-Determination) by Baba Jahahara Amen-RA Alkebulan-Ma'at. Saturday, 30 April 6256 KMT/2016 JC-PG, 5 pm at MARCUS (GARVEY) Books, 3900 Martin Luther King Way, in oakland, california. Contact us to set-up a book-signing, discussion and action plan in your area: email@example.com
* N'COBRA Annual Convention in Miami, Florida, 23-25 June 6256 KMT/2016 JC-PG. Info at www.ncobra.net or 1-601-885-3081.
* Black is Black Rally and Conference for "Justice, Peace and Reparations," Washington, DC, 7-8 November 6255/ 2015.
* 20th Year Anniversary of "Million Man March/Justice or Else" Rally, in Washington, DC 12 October 6255 KMT/ 2015
*Reparations Summit in New York, 9-12 April 2015. A number of activists and advocates for Reparations—from across the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean—will gather in New York City from 9-12 April 2015. For information, contact the convener, Institute of the Black World: www.ibw21.org
*Make Plans Now to Attend the N'COBRA ANNUAL CONVENTION June 6255 KMT/2015, in Milwaukee, WI. www.ncobra.org
*MOVE 30 Year Memorial of Government's Bombing and Murder in Philadelphia, PA. 13 May 6255 KMT/ 2015. Info at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.386.1165
*BLACK NATION DAY/FREE THE LAND Yearly Commemoration of the PG-RNA, March 6255 KMT/2015, in Jackson, MS. Details c/o President Alvin Brown email President@pg-rna.com
*REPARATIONS AWARENESS DAY events during last weekend of African History and Heritage Month, throughout February 6255 KMT/2015
Some Past Events
*50th Year Commemoration of 1963 March on Washington for Jobs, Justice, Reparations and Peace!, Saturday, 24 August, Washington DC
*Celebrate Birthday of Ancestor MARCUS GARVERY on 17 August!
*Support Heroic Hunger Strikers in California Prisons! Meet at San Quentin Prison, Saturday, 3 August, 2 pm.
*Major Community Action for Environment and to Expose Crimes of Chevron Corporation: Meet at Richmond (California) BART, Saturday, 3 Aug, 10 am.
*BLACK/NEW AFRIKAN NATION (INDEPENDENCE) DAY Commemoration and Celebration of New Mural at MARCUS (GARVEY) Bookstore, 3900 MLK Way, Oakland, California. Saturday, 30 March, 12 Noon to 4 pm. Read full story at: http://sfbayview.com/2013/abundant-knowledge-less-bullets/
*Baba Attorney Chokwe Lumumba, a veteran New Afrikan Freedom Fighter and current City Councilmember in Jackson, Mississippi, visits the Bay Area in late March. He will be raising awareness and funds to support his Mayoral campaign in the heart of the Black Nation. Contact us for further details.
* REPARATIONS AWARENESS DAY events throughout u.s. Information at: www.ncobra.org
* Creation of Mural @ Marcus Books (the oldest Black/African bookstore in u.s.), located @ 3900 Rev. Dr. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. Way, oakland, california (February and March 6253 KMT/2013).
* Please check the website of Marcus Books www.marcusbooks.com for upcoming events (including Baba Herman and Mother Iyaluaa Ferguson, Angela Davis, Anthony Browder, Elaine Brown and others)
*Check out these powerful films:
+ LONG DISTANCE REVOLUTIONARY:
A Journey with Mumia Abu-Jamal
+ The Black Fatherhood Project
+ Who Bombed Judi Bari?
+ Chasing Ice
+ The Waiting Room
+ Children of the Jaguar!
+ The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution!
*Celebrate KWANZAA & Nguzo Saba
26 December 6252 - 1 January 6253 KMT
*Observe International Human Rights Day and the "Universal Declaration on Human Rights," 10 December 6252 KMT/2012
*State of the Black World Conference III
14-18 November 6252 KMT/2012
Howard University in BENJAMIN BANNEKER Village (aka, city of george washington, district of chris columbus)
*Now Through 6 November 6252 KMT/2012
Elections on Issues and Candidates locally and across U.S. WE ask our friends and allies to challenge all congressional candidates to support H.R. 40, "The Commission to Study Reparations Proposals Act," sponsored by Elder and Congressman John Conyers of Detroit, Michigan.
In California, please consider voting:
YES on PROP 30: Tax the Rich!
NO on PROP 32: Protect Unions!
YES on PROP 34: Abolish Death Penalty!
YES on PROP 36: Amend Three Strikes!
YES on PROP 37: Right to Know Our Food!
YES on PROP 39: Jobs and Income!
*Fundraiser to Save NUBIA & KUSH Effort
Saturday, 13 October 6252 KMT/2012
Linen Life Gallery
San Leandro, California
Baba Runoko Rashidi Presentation on The African Presence in "americas"
Sunday, 14 October 6252 KMT/2012
Geoffrey's Inner Circle
426 - 14th Street (near Broadway, BART)
N'COBRA National Board Session
19-21 October 6252 KMT/2012
@ The (MARCUS) GARVEY House
Altadena, California (near Los Angeles)
More to come...